9. oktober 2011

Tutorial - Denim pocket fridge magnet

I've been thinking about making a tutorial for a long time, and decided that today was the day.
I’m starting with a very easy and uncomplicated project, and if I’m adding to much (or not enough…) details please let me know.



What you need:
Denim pockets
Fabric glue
Magnet sheet
Heavy books (or something else with some weight to it)

I have been making a lot of denim bowls and even redid a chair with denim and that left me with quite a few upperparts of the trousers I used. One way to put them into use was to make fridge magnets of the back pockets.



1: Cut out the pocket, as close to the edge as possible.




2: I decided not to zigzag the edge of the back of the pocket because stretch denim tend to crumple when I do. But if you don’t care about that it would make the edges more resistible to fraying.



3: Get your glue and magnet sheet (At the time I had neither fabric glue or magnet sheet so I used what I had. Gel medium and some magnet that I had printed with some of my collages. But I would strongly recommend magnet sheets because the magnet is stronger so you can put more weight in the pockets.)



4: Cut the magnet to size and glue it to the back of the pocket.



5: Put some heavy books on top and leave to dry.




6: Viola… perfect for pens, small notes or other stuff you want easy access to



Photobucket  Photobucket  504 Main  

8 kommentarer:

Mallory sa...

This is so creative! I'm just visiting you back and saying thanks for the sweet comment you left on my wallet/clutch at purplestpecalin.blogspot.com

Hope to see you around again sometime! I'm your newest follower!

Marie sa...

Great idea! I'm always losing pens :) So glad you linked up with us! Have a great week!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Robin Lynn sa...

Saw you over at the linky party - I love this idea - creative and cute! We seem to always be searching for a pen. I really like your place. Come over and visit anytime - I just made puppets! @http://robinlynnsroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/tis-season.html
Blessings!

Shiloh sa...

This is so cool! I love denim, and the idea of a pocket magnet is awesome.:)

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home sa...

What a cute idea. Can't believe I didn't think of it.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. More the Merrier Monday end tonight so stop by and link up if you have not already.

Anonym sa...

Simple yet so brilliant!

gail@My Repurposed Life sa...

so very cute! I love anything with old blue jeans!
gail

Trish - Mom On Timeout sa...

What a fun idea! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

- Trish @ Mom On Timeout
http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...