15. oktober 2011

Fabric covered frame


A few weeks ago I picked up two frames from a flea market. They are made from plastic, had a nice shape, but other than that were not very attractive. Decided that I would try to get rid of some fabric leftovers on this project. I started by sanding the frame before gluing on pieces of fabric.


I used a lot of gel medium both over and under the fabric so it was not a problem to make it follow the shape of the frame. Because of all the moldings I don’t think paper would have worked as well on this project, so I’ll be using fabric on the other frame as well. For now I have left the frame unthreaded because I cant make up my mind if I want a matt or a shiny surface.



Photobucket
 BLOG TITLESomewhat SimpleTip Junkie handmade projectsPhotobucket


5 kommentarer:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman sa...

Great Redo! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Janel@hatingmartha sa...

This is really cute! And thanks for translating the blog into English :)...although I wouldn't mind attempting to read it. The denim pockets below are adorable too...

Maggie sa...

this is a great idea to use remnants to create a patchwork look.
Would luv for my readers to follow this, inviting you to link at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/10/halloween-ideas-and-home-decor-party.html
Thanks
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

June Scott sa...

Nice job, Susanne! I'm sure sanding the frame helped. Who knew a plastic frame could look so good!

gail sa...

Your fabric covered frame turned out really nice! Huge transformation.
gail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...