Hope some of you still remember me. I’m sorry that the absent from my blog dragged out a lot longer than planned. My stay in hospital changed from 2 to 4 weeks, and because my immune system was low I picked up every germ that crossed my path the next few weeks after that. But now things are finally getting back to normal.
Naturally, I haven’t had much creative work done so there isn’t a lot to show you. But since we were not able to go on a holiday this year I decided to upgrade my daughter’s bedroom. It had yellow wallpaper and nothing to indicate that it was inhabited by a teenage girl.
So first I started by painting it white, and that took 4 strokes and a week longer than anticipated.
Step two was to decorate one wall with graffiti. I’m lucky enough to have a very talented friend who helped me with that. But because the room has only one window the airflow is not good so he can only be spraying for a short period of time, which means that this stage also dragged out longer than planned. But it was finished yesterday and my daughter is very pleased with the result so far. The third stage is to make a built in sleeping alcove under the tilted ceiling. I’m hoping to have it all finished by the time school starts in 2 weeks.
As with all projects there are lessons to be learned and this one was that window paint is the devils doing. My daughter made two pictures years ago that she wanted to display. But what’s nice when you’re 6 isn’t very cool when your 13, so they had to go. Easy enough… the only problem would be the sentimental value. Oh how wrong I was… I tried everything; even a sander and it didn’t even leave a mark. Ended up with my hairdryer and a knife and after endless hours I managed to remove enough so that I could camouflage the rest with paint. Had I known it would never have put them up, so to those of you considering to do the same thing I hope you are able to find alternative ways to display your children’s creative artwork.