13. november 2011

Upcycled gift wrapping

Gift wrapping usually just gets thrown away so I really like to reuse what is seen as scrap for projects like this, I’ll be experimenting with a few ideas before Christmas, and if something works really well I’ll be making a tutorial.



But for this project I didn’t have time. Today is father’s day here in Norway so I’ll be going to see mine later on today. But I can’t show up empty handed so I bought him a small gift. To wrap it I made a gift bag out of an old newspaper, decorated it with a bow made from a magazine and card out of an old puzzle piece.


It’s not the most elegant gift in history, and I could use some practice with folding the gift bag. But as always it’s what’s inside that count J



Photobucket Photobucket  

5 kommentarer:

Charissa sa...

How fun! I love how you recycled materials to do this.

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple sa...

Love the repurposing ideas for gift wrap! I also love using recycling/repurposing in my projects.

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable sa...

Wow! This post is so informative! I think others would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable this Wednesday. And, I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

Warmly,
Andrea

Anonym sa...

What a great idea - I don't like throwing away all that beauty, and you've inspired me to upcycle in the future! I found your link at The Project Queen - thanks for sharing.

Sherry sa...

What I easy way to reduce expenses this Christmas. I'll definitely be using this ideas (hate buying wrapping paper). I'm a new follower, I found you through the Project Queen. Please drop by when you have a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...