2. juni 2010

Decoupaged shelf


I have the ugliest shelf known to mankind hanging on my bathroom wall. It’s super practical but as I mentioned, as ugly as a shelf can be. I have been planning to decorate it, some day... So inspired by my “no sew” weekend it thought it would look better if I decorated it with paper. But instead of starting on this shelf I decided to try the technique on an old, untreated pine shelf I’ve had lying around for ages. (There’s not much I like less than untreated pine.) I used paper sheets meant for scrapping that I glued on with gel medium and then put varnish on top.


The shelf in my bathroom is still hanging on my wall, ugly and practical, but at least I’ve now got hope that it, one day…, will be a delight for the eye.

På norsk

Ingen kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...